Looking for a nutritious, but quick breakfast in the morning? Something for you and the entire family? These Egg Muffins are a must. So simple and easy to prep ahead of time. Not to mention the variety options are endless, so you can please everyone in the family without the added stress of multiple breakfasts in the AM! Simply bake the muffins ahead of time, refrigerate or freeze, take them out, microwave and boom…. Breakfast is done!
This can be a fun activity for the entire family during weekend meal prep 🙂 Allow everyone to choose their favorite ingredients. Create an assembly line and give everyone a specific duty to help make this process fast and fun. (This allows for family time and teaches the kiddos some healthy cooking habits). To get started all you will need is PAM Spray, muffin pans, 6 Whole Eggs, 1 Carton of Egg Whites, Seasonings and your favorite fillings.
Simple choices would be…
- Shredded potato
- Chopped vegetables
- Bacon, ham, sausage or chorizo
With my busy work schedule I do not always have time to get up in the AM and make breakfast. I always try to keep some grab and go options. I am sure many of you can relate…. Especially those busy moms! These are a great breakfast that can be adjusted to meet any Macro Lovers needs!
Makes 18 muffins
Serving size 3 muffins
- 6 Whole Eggs
- 1 16oz Egg White Carton
- 200g Shredded White Potato (Simply Shredded)
- 130g Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 160g Chopped Bell Peppers
- 1/2 Cup Jalepeno Cheddar Cheese
- Seasonings : Salt, Pepper and Flavor God “Spicy”
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Spray Muffin pans with PAM and make sure they are well coated
- Beat whole eggs and egg whites until fluffy and well mixed
- Prep and measure all filling ingredients
- Pour 1/4 cup egg mixture into each muffin pan
- Evenly sprinkle in filling into each muffin pan
- Place in oven and bake for 30 mins or until center is firm
- Let cook and place in air tight container for refrigeration or freezer
Before eating either thaw desired among or take straight from fridge and microwave for 45 secs! There are great with hot sauce or ketchup! You can even chop up a muffin and place it in a tortilla for a breakfast burrito!